Photo: Frank Melling:

Francis-Barnett was a British motorcycle manufacturer founded in 1919, by Gordon Inglesby Francis and Arthur Barnett, and based in Lower Ford Street, Coventry, England,
The company developed a triangulated frame using straight tubes which could be bolted together using basic tools.
Most of their light motorcycles used Villiers and later AMC two-stroke engines. In the 1930s the company developed the 250 cc Cruiser, one of the first motorcycles to have a faired engine, protecting the rider from oil and dirt.
Francis Barnett was taken over by Associated Motor Cycles in 1947 and combined with James in 1957. The combined firm remained in business until 1966.
A number of models were named after birds including the Falcon, Hawk, Kestrel, Merlin, Plover and Snipe. Info: wikipedia - Francis-Barnett

Francis Barnett - trial Pilot - Derek Adsett 1962 - Photo: C. Bailey

Francis Barnett 1961 cruiser 250cc - photo - National Motormuseum

Owner club U.K. :  Owner club -